AYURVEDA INTERVENTIONS FOR PREVENTION OF COMMON FLU LIKE CONDITIONS
I would like to bring to notice a set of guidelines, issued in public interest by AYUSH, to combat different types of fever and illnesses which are likely to occur during monsoon in India.
Rainy season triggers the onset of flu like conditions that can be effectively prevented through Ayurvedic interventions. Some of the easy to use interventions are listed below:
• Avoid ‘Kapha’ provoking diets like curd, cold food, cold drinks, fruit juices, ice-cream, etc.
• Drink warm water.
• Use decoction made up of any one or combination of Tulasi(basil), Adaraka(ginger), kali mirch(black pepper), pippali(long pepper), haldi(turmeric), guduchi(tinospora cardifolia) in the morning and evening.
• The Ayurvedic medicines like Sudarshanaghana vati, Sudershana churna, Sanshamani vati(Guduchi vati) mainly works by way of improving the host defence mechanism.
• For cough: Sitopaladi churna- ½ teaspoon(2-3gms) with honey morning and evening for 3-5 days.
• For fever: Naradiya Laxmivilasa Rasa – 1 tab(250mg) morning and evening for 3-5 days.
Contact a regular doctor or any of the designated hospitals in case of serious symptoms.
A set of guidelines, issued in public interest by AYUSH, to combat different types of fever and illnesses which are likely to occur during monsoon in India.
Some genuinely nice stuff on this website , I enjoy it.